The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was born and raised on a small farm in central Kansas. I remember my dad talking about cracks in the concrete around our grain bins. Is this still a problem today? I developed a two part epoxy based mortar paste and I wondered if marketing it to repair the cracks in bins would be a good market. If the response here is positive I will start trying to meet with local farms here in Missouri where we live to show the product.

I welcome any and all comments and help or insight you all can give me concerning this.
Thank you
Dennis

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My two cents- pretty small market to be chasing.

I’d call the local concrete crews or city workers to try in their repair jobs.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Probably have a better chance of selling Mono Foam to a plumber to fill in his butt crack.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Seems like most of the cracks I notice that would require repair are from animals digging out the fill under the concrete. No amount of epoxy will fix that.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Seems like most of the cracks I notice that would require repair are from animals digging out the fill under the concrete. No amount of epoxy will fix that.
Would your epoxy flow well enough to fill some of these holes?

·
Registered
324 Posts
We use Flex-N-Seal to seal our grain bins and we normally put it on the cracks on the concrete pad beside the wall as well. I hate to see water going into those cracks before winter. Last time we did it, i was wondering if an epoxy base mortar would not be better and stronger on bigger bins. I got a product ("Sabatack 750") recommended, which gets used for sealing huge tanks all over the world. It should be way stronger and stays flexible as well. Unfortunately i could not find some in Canada, but i heard it gets sold in the US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts