The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at possibly trading for a neighbors 2366. Currently running a 1660 in corn soybeans and wheat. Both have a 20 ft head. 2366 is a late 90's model, 3200 separator hrs. Looks to be in excellent shape. No rust, oil leaks,sharp augers or thin tin anywhere. The only thing I'm not sure about is that it has a horizontal auger instead of incline auger in the grain tank. Will I like this feature or not? Is it possible to switch it over to an incline auger. I would assume that it's difficult to fill the grain tank all the way up with a horizontal auger and I'm guessing a tank extension is out of the question? Also what kind of capacity increase would I see over my 1660? The 2366 will have a new auger front end on the rotor (or an afx)like on my 1660 before It ever hits the field. Also what would be a good price? It has field tracker, chopper, mud hog, etc. And is there anything special that I need to look for or questions I need to ask about this model? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have never seen a 23 with the horizontal auger. However, the factory incline auger is pretty marginal for tank extensions anyway, you could probably put a hydraulic bubbleup auger in for less than it would cost to revamp it to the inclined auger.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Amazing! I had never seen or heard of that horizontal auger option. Now I am very curious to find out what crops that option was intended for.

I'm not much help on your questions, other than, yes, a bubbleup is a viable alternative and likely much less expensive than an incline conversion.

There's been some talk recently about "rice" machines and what is the difference from a standard grain machine. Since this 2366 has the optional,.....or is it optional vs. standard?, auger, I would ask questions about what other differences are on the machine.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would say you will be hard pressed to find anything significantly different from your old machine. The cab has undergone a significant update, but virtually everything else is simply improved through enhanced design progression.

My 2166 has a lever allowing quick changes of the chopper speed, my neighbours' 1460 requires a wrench. Big deal...

I would say if you are happy with the capacity and capability of your 1660, you will like the 2366. It is better in a bunch of really small ways, nothing really extraordinary.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts