The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there folks. We're doing a winter service on our 9650 cts at the moment. We wound the rotors out the back of the combine today to inspect their front bearings, paddles & tines. All good there. Looking at the winged beater in front of the rotors, the bolt on wear plates are worn down to the top of the holders. Does anyone know how much wear is acceptable on these wear plates? How worn can this beater be before it creates a feeding problem? I've never blocked the cylinder or beater yet,and dont want to either. Also, has anyone come up with a easier way of moving the chopper between chopping/swathing? There must be a better way than the factory set-up. Our machine is an 03 model with 700 mill Hrs on it and apart from the beater, is showing very little wear. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
HI HERBIE TO GO FROM CHOPPING TO SWATH, BEST IN MY OPINION IS TO TAKE OUT THE STATIONARY KNIVES, TAKE OFF THE VANES AND REVERSE THE LEFT HAND OUTER ONE TO THE RIGHT AND RIGHT HAND ONE TO THE LEFT AND YOU WILL BLOW THE STRAW INTO A SWATH. i ALSO MADE A SHIELD INBETWEEN THE TWO VANES SO STRAW FALLS PERFECTLY INTO A SWATH.fOR FLAX STRAW THIS METHOD IS IN MY OPINION THE ONLY WAY, ROLLING THE CHOPPER FORWARD AND DROPPING STRAW ALLOWS THE STRAW TO BE SUCKED UP BACK TO THE ROTORS AND WILL WRAP AROUND THE RUBBER FLAPS IN THE BACK

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Yeller. I'd thought of trying that but always worried that it might wrap and block in damp ryegrass straw but if you're handling the flax ok, it must work. At present we roll the chopper back and put in a shield to carry the straw past the chaff spreaders but the whole setup is a real hassle. I like to run the chopper as much as I can as it creates an air flow and helps to keep the rotor transmissions area alot clearer of chaff and rubbish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts