The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asked this on another board and didn't get a reply. I'm a sucker for electronics and gadgets...want to know does a 2300 series have an acre counter display in the "A" post?

Understand that the 21 series DOES NOT have a counter, is this right?

An acre counter is my "cheap" Y/M.....5A cut...200 bu full bin....presto...40BPA

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Well one of the buttons has "a/ha" printed on it. Might be acres/hectares.

The a post already knows your speed and if the header is up or down, so all you really need is the ability to set a height limit on the header height so it knows when you're cutting and not, and then a way to tell it the width of the header. The operators manual would have more details.

-Lance

·
Registered
193 Posts
Both the 2100 and the 2300 series have the acre counter function. It will accumulate acres if: header width is set more than zero, feeder is running, combine ground speed is at least .8 mph, and the header is below a user selected position. Programming info is towards the front of the ops manual in the Instruments/Controls section.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....going to buy a combine of either the 21 or 23 series and this is good to know. So many people have told me on the 21 series that it didn't have the right solfware and thus didn't have the acre counter. Another person told me he didn't know because he could care less about the extra gismos and gadgets....sounds like someone who doesn't read his operators manual...He probably thinks he's smarter than the combine....LOL...Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts