The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'm not even finished with the video yet, but as soon as the music hit I had to comment. Very nicely done.

I-76 ftmfw

·
Registered
378 Posts
great vid Rubberduck.

Obviously a fair bit of time taken capturing and editing all the footage. I like the truck dissapearing in the dust - reminds me of harvest at home.

Jono

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody for your kind words and comments. I put a lot of love into this one, simply because i really love making them. Its a hobby i suppose.

I was the man on the ground this year, so i had better oppertunities to get the shots i needed. I am very pleased with the outcome. And its nice to see that you guys enjoy it aswell.

No, The "header" was bought like that And we never bothered swapping the wheels on it. Speaking of tires, notice how the one in question got the fat ones on the back?

We bought the two 9670 with "the big tyre pack" because you get taller tires in the front and is faster on the roads (we walk them 3000 km's on the harvest run) In good faith we assumed that the back ones would be the fat ones but they arent... Well they are now because the other tall skinny ones on the video is absolutely lethal on the road.

The "semis" are kenworths and is really a b double (the one in the dust) and the other one is a western star. The kenworth is about 500 BHP and the western star is 650 BHP i think. Im not sure, dont really care either. As long as they keep rolling and keep the grain away from the headers i happy. It takes a fair few trucks to shift 1800 ton of grain 55 kms in 20 hours.

·
Registered
546 Posts
very nicely done! 1 question though, last song played? When you start shooting the combines with the pickups on, I'm stumped on the name to that song, lol

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
rubberduck, excellent video, machines straight cuttin wheat?, what kind of crop are dummy heads pickin, also, i'm sure its hot as heck there during harvest, much trouble with combine fires, scott.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it gets pretty hot here! some days we will harvest in temperatures reaching 35C and 40C. We havent really had any problems with fires, as we blow our machines right down every night. so there is never anymore than a days worth of chaff anywhere on the machines, which is a help. Chickpeas can be prone to set the machine on fire though, but thats pretty hit and miss from year to year.

Yes we straight cut wheat down here, dont you? What we pick up with the belt pickups is windrowed canola which is the most common way of getting it harvested in australia.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Man that red dust looks downright evil. That's got to choke the heck out of you air filters!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts