The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 7010 is not the newest series CIH has, but a friend of mine recently purchased a new/unused 7010, and let me tell ya', I was really impressed with this machine. I have not been around CIH stuff that much ; but after doing an extensive walk-around on this machine, I can honestly say that I'm impressed. I know this is not news to you CIH guys, but for me (being dipped in Green) it was a great learning experience. Some things that I like (and I know that these things are not exclusive the CIH): how most everything is hydraulic (right down to the tank loading auger)--hardly any chains & belts ;
[I really like] the size of that friggin' clean grain elevator !! WOW, that thing is BIG !! I also like the way the machine will wind row the straw, but the spreader still throws the chaff. The header raises up REALLY high, doesnt it? Man, I could just ~nearly~ walk under the header anywhere I wanted to, and I am 6ft 2 in.
Again, I realize these features are not exclusive to CIH.

The machine seemed rather simple in nature, and that is a good thing! I know there are larger combines made, but this thing was pretty darn big! It will most definitely gobble up the wheat with the 36' draper header! The touch screen monitor will tell you just about everything except what you had for breakfast...it will even keep records on the driver's performance; and let you see which operator got the most done...

I realize this is not 'new' news to you guys, but since I havent been around these machines, it was pretty cool. I have new found respect for these combines. Geez, if our dealer support was better, I would definitely be considering the CIH when it came to getting one like this...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'm glad you liked what you saw. I'd love to have to opportunity to drive one of those. I think it would be a little overkill for us in corn (the 2388 keeps the semis plenty busy), but it would be the cat's meow in wheat. If we had a third truck and bigger cart it would be awesome in corn.

What do you think of it compared to to Deere's offerings? Are there many STSs in your area?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, "the woods if full" of Deere rotors around here. . . .

To tell you the honest truth, though, I have not looked at a JD, lately, as close as I have that CIH the other day--so I can't really compare. . .

I ~really~ like that 7010, though! Man, what a monster! The same guy (that owned the machine) thought that one 7010 would do what 1.5 2388's would do....or at least that is what he is hoping ! !

·
Registered
187 Posts
We went from a 2388 to a 7010. Went went from putting on 400 hrs a year to 300. It made harvest a lot faster. It will eat 200 bushel corn a 5.5 mph with a 8 row head if you can keep the grain away from it. Should have a 12 row head but we wouldn't be able to keep up with it. No breakdowns the first year. Should get it going for 2009 in a few days. Great machine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts