The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would an R-60 or an R-70 compare in capacity to an R-62 with a short sieve? I am know the R-62 would be in between the two, but what % difference between the 3? Are the P3 R-60's fairly comparable the the R62 in productivity and parts compatibility? They seem to have a few more moving parts from what I have seen.

·
Registered
581 Posts
If the 2 series has the Duetz motor it will have quitge a bit of capacity. I'm not a big fan of that engine due to parts availability. We went from a 60 to 62 and I didn't notice any difference in corn mostly due to shoe size but it sure went through beans better. Parts and service are easier to obtain and work on than the 60.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had a short seive R 62 and it would give an R7 a run for its money. The 2 series is way nicer to work on and operate. I would agree with the Duetz engine from what I have heard. If the 62 has a cummins, much better for engine related service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 62 and 70 will be very comparable. I would say the 62 is closer to the 70 than it is to the 60. The 62 is much nicer to work on. I have both and both machines have the Duetz and I love that motor. Just keep it clean and keep the hoses and connectors in good repair and you will have lots of hassle free hours in those machines. Also, you can do a great deal of modifying to the 62 to make it better. NDDan has several updates in these posts to help with the capacity of the machine.

Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts