The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for tips!! What mods are advised for a 1995 R52 short shoe? Have a square tooth chaffer with first eight rows adjusting separate from the rest. But it still overloads when going down a hill then leveling out. Southern Ontario so corn is wet 25 to 35%. Wish it was a long shoe:mad:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Looking for tips!! What mods are advised for a 1995 R52 short shoe? Have a square tooth chaffer with first eight rows adjusting separate from the rest. But it still overloads when going down a hill then leveling out. Southern Ontario so corn is wet 25 to 35%. Wish it was a long shoe:mad:
I don't think a long shoe would be any better. Going down hill, the front of the shoe is lower than the back giving it 'more capacity' so you run faster. When you level out, you are overloading the shoe. I'll bet you don't go up hill nearly as fast. My S77 would do the same thing. Slow down before you get to the bottom and give it a chance to clean out.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If you raise the rear of the lower sieve up until it hits the chaffer, do it. Takes re-drilling sieve mounting holes. Then, the space between the lower sieve and the grain pan, seal up with a rubber flap or foam rubber to keep grain from coming over into tailings AND force the air up thru the sieve and chaffer. Return still goes down underneath the grain pan. This especially helps in corn.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That will only help when leaning to the right or left, and has to be extended forward all the way on the grain pan to work right. I usually add a flat slide to the tailings elevator outlet to see to it any tailings dumps a little bit closer to center on the sieves and it helps move a little more threshed grain to the center also. These little P-3's like leaning left more than leaning right in corn, especially after removing every other wire from the concave on older machines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.