The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad has a 92 R52 and when he swings it out it won't swing far enough to activate the switch to turn it on. Adjusted the chain so it will swing out far enough but then it comes about 2 feet short of swinging back into the cradle. Is there another adjustment that we're not seeing or is something wrong with the chain or what? Thanks for any help.
Mike

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Has anything been done with chain links or cylinder repair when this took place? Dis this happen all of a sudden? I am having trouble remembering if the 1992 had 60 roller chain or the heavy winch type chain

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's been like this, and the cain looks like 60 roller but it has, I don't know what you call the piece you put on before the keeper on a master link solid across instead of rollers. I guess it would look like a winch type. Nothing has been done to any of it, but the cylinder looks like it should move another inch or so because the rod is shiny.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Better reposition the swing chain like it was. Sounds to me like someone has inserted a piece of pipe about 2 to 2 1/2 inches long inside the swing cylinder barrel. I've done this before to dozens of R-52's to get another 12 to 16 inches of unloader spout height. Occasionally the safety switch had to be adjusted, but it was never a real issue.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sounds like that early R52 had the winch type chain. In this case you lay the tube in the saddle, loosen the clamp that holds the chain, be sure cylinder is fully extended, and the take all the slack out of chain. It will then bring out as far as cylinder allows. If you want further you would have to check for pipe Drallis describes or someone has installed the cylinder plug kit that Gleaner offers to limit that cylinder stroke to gain more height for unloading. I personally allways like the plug kit for it dampers the movement at the end of stroke.

·
Registered
405 Posts
MUCH cheaper than AGCOs piece that increases your auger height when extended, use a 1" pipe coupler, make sure to smooth the outside off if there are any rough edges on it before installing it in the cylinder. The auger will go to rest position when this is done, and be about a foot higher when extended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.