The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we needed bigger trucks today or more of them.
We had our R52 in some 240 bushel corn @17% and running 4-4.5mph and brother ran it up to 5.5 for one stretch pulling the rotor down to 240 from 300 and thought he better back off, belt was slipping.
Best corn we have had since switching to narrow rows 5 years ago.

We put in NDDan's floor kit and mods to the feeder house which feed it nicely, we took our 6row30, added two row units and narrowed to 22" and put GLV poly kit on it, $5500.00 or so for all of it and 4-5 days for both of us..

Nothing pulls as good as the 8.3 Cummins, it has some guts and eats well too.

Love it what it does for a 96 model, figure it has another 20 years in it.

Happy Holidays this season

Gleamer

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry I do not, I have a few on my phone but am challenged to get them loaded, and the few I have are back in late August before drying down. This particular is 116 day corn, long term and beans came first for us..

Gleamer

·
Registered
519 Posts
It's refreshing to see someone on this forum actually complimenting the machine almost everyone that looks at the threads under the Gleaner section loves instead of *****ing, yes we all have our problems that we need help with on our machines but some rants get too old - for example if you want a heavier combine your definitely in the wrong color, never had a problem with the weight and durability of a transverse Gleaner. Also have a '96 R52, great little combine but we have outgrew it, still looking for a new home for it though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.