The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compressor button wire's inside cab keeps melting and blowing fuses I have replaced fan motor and relays worked for a while. Any help would be thankful and hopefully cooler

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Casey- Oh boy I had the same issues with these antique N6's... Im in the middle of going through mine right now. Trying to get ready to cut some Jap millet..Not sure if the wiring is even similar on the R55, but most of my trouble was just burnt and oxidized connections.. I ended up running the 12v power to the switch directly off the continuous duty solenoid under the dash with an inline fuse. Wires still get hotter than they should but it stopped the melting... Had some similar issues on some of our trucks before and it all went back to being a bad ground connection. You definitely have too much resistance somewhere? When my dad was running them for years/several seasons he just ran with no AC...with the door open,, and mosquitoes and deer flies.... if mine now quits i stop and fix it...Hope you get it figured out- summer time is here- we even got a little hail today.. laid some of my millet down.....

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
You need to replace connectors if they are they ones being melted, possible corrosion internal on wires, if you have access to wiring with fan on feel wires for heat, there is your culprit, Scott.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You get your AC working? its only been in the low 90's here lately....that is if it isnt flooding...Ive been watching our jap millet take a pounding for last 8 days..its all flat on the ground and hasnt dried off enough to even think about cutting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts