The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently purchased a 94 R62 and just used in in wheat this year. The engine seems to get a miss when not under load. Like going through a thin spot. Or turning at the ends. Injector bad? Or what could it be? Does not run hot and blow the motor out every night. First year running a rotary coming from an L3.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At idle we did notice today that it sounds like a valve could be out of adjustment. Would that cause it to miss and sound sorta like a john Deere two cylinder?? Lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
I also have a Deutz R62 along with an R70 , they're running just fine and I have taken note in several threads about adjusting valve clearance but I'm not sure how to do it. I did notice that each cylinder has its own head with a 13 mm bolt in the top, is this how I get to the valves to check them and once I'm into it what do I do? ( I have had zero experience with a Deutz before I bought this one)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You would need some mechanical knowledge or get someone to do it the first time and watch them. There are several ways valves clearance are set but I do it the simple way. Find the way the cylinders are number which on duetz

LHS 1234
5678 I think
From there I would get someone to explain to you as I would probably confuse over internet. I can't get the numbering displayed how I want it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If I remember correctly I think the Germans number their cylinder arrangement different than we do . I think they start at the flywheel end with #1 cylinder and work toward the fan end of #4 being closest to the cooling fan but I may be mistaken .

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
These guys are right on some of these tips. Hear is a kicker though. Fuel pump could need the four spring govener setup installed. Gleaner offers this kit and pump needs to go to pump station to be installed. They will tighten up the clearances in there to get rid of the flutter. This can throw main drive belt so best to take care of ASAP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.