The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many gallons per acre are most burning in R62 machines with 8.3 cummins? mine seems to burn about 1.5 gallons per acre with a 30' head in 75 BPA beans

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have yet to run my 8.3 but my sisu just sips the fuel. 8.5 gallons an hour and do roughly 20 acres an hour in wheat, and 13-15 an hour in corn. I think the math comes out to 1/2 a gal an acre. Im lookin forward to runnin the 8.3 alongside the sisu next summer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have yet to run my 8.3 but my sisu just sips the fuel. 8.5 gallons an hour and do roughly 20 acres an hour in wheat, and 13-15 an hour in corn. I think the math comes out to 1/2 a gal an acre. Im lookin forward to runnin the 8.3 alongside the sisu next summer.
that means you can combine about 300 acres on a full tank?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Runs for a day and a half on a tank of fuel. I don't have a meter on my refilling fuel tank. I go by the meter in the cab and all i have for re filling is a 100 gallon tank. I do have a TS performance chip on the sisu, when i turn the chip off it goes from 8-10gph to 10.5-13gph. Engine hardly ever sees above 60% engine load.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do have a TS performance chip on the sisu, when i turn the chip off it goes from 8-10gph to 10.5-13gph. Engine hardly ever sees above 60% engine load.
I think the reason you see an increase in fuel efficiency readings is because the chip fools your computer into thinking it is injecting less fuel than actual. This is done to increase rail pressure which injects more fuel=more power. Changes in the timing maps could help efficiency. My $.02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.