Please post your outcome. Guys who raised Triticale around here with 8820, 9600 and 2388 only get about 40=60% hulled out. Be interesting to see how your Gleaner does and let us know the Gleaner model please.
Dwight E. Lambert, Albany, Oregon
What I had this year was mostly flat on the ground from flooding. I had to cut it at the ground to get it and that was running a lot of material through the machine. I run a R62 with cdf and due to it being down I added the Sunnybrook sweeps before I ever started. Cylinder speed was at 900 concave set on 2. Front of concave was set at mid but if I was going to do very much I would have closed it up some. Run 3 concave fillers. I actually did not use any fillers this year because of so much straw going in the machine with only 50 acres and didn't seen to cause any more lose. Not much left in the head but did have a lot of head tips break off with a couple of seed in them. My guess is with what the combine did pick up my loses were close to 2bpa with about 45bpa going on the bin. A lot more was left on the ground uncut. Don't think I could have ever cut it without the sweeps.
we got the Triticale done with the Gleaner. The R62 did really well with the loss. I estimate less than 1 bushel to the acre total loss including the ones that did not hull out. I set the concaves as tight as we could go and added 3 filler strips at the front end. Other than that everything else the same as wheat. It was a slow go though to get through it. Really tall stuff.
we took the new to us old 1980 N5 out to our buddies, and it didnt do that great, but neither did the other buddy who helped finish with his 8230 CIH, so I didnt feel too bad.
we had the sieve down tight, concave to zero clearance, cylinder full speed, but didnt play with filler bars or better cylinder bars. It was having a tough time getting the last few kernels out of the head. new cylinder bars and some filler bars would help alot I imagine.
our buddy with a P3 R70 with cyl. return had done some triticale in the past and said that he ran a bunch of return, but was able to get it all out and have a nice bin sample.
Congrats on getting it done, and doing well to boot!