The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding a 1997 R62 and shoe loss. Here is my set up, rotor speed 350rpm, one set of reverse bars, steep pitched helicals, square toothed chaffer, a 12row 22" head in 250+ corn at 2.5 to 3 mph 18-25% moisture, I could go faster power wise but if I do I start to windrow corn. Where is the bottle neck at? The monitor says faster faster then in one second in goes to red and I have a water fall of corn out the back. If I close the chaffer down then the monitor will work and I can keep it in the green but I'm not hardly working the engine (tach says 2280 to 2300rpm). I figured if I could find the restriction I could gain some more capacity. Maybe this is about right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Clean grain elevator and auger are likely the bottleneck. They can't take corn away from the shoe fast enough and shoe fills up. Had the same problem with N7 and 8r22 at 4.5mph. I did a loaded shut down and saw the shoe was full to the top. I think you can speed up the clean grain but I just slowed down and never looked into it. Make sure paddles and augers are in good shape first.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies.:D I'm thinking it is the clean grain auger-elevator because if I try to clean the sample up and remove all the cobs with the sieve I reduce the total volume of material going to the bin, and when corn starts running out the back it takes awhile to get the monitor out of the red, I actually have to stop to get it straightened out. Around here normally we get paid for number 2 corn so the guys I custom combine for like a little cob in the sample. Is there away to speed the elevator up or improve the elevator paddles?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You are doing ALL your cleaning with the sieve right? The shoe needs to be wide open when you try and do your final cleaning. You can dictate how much cob is in the sample with the sieve more effectively than you can with the shoe.

As far as the clean grain elevator speed I guess one could change pulley's? Maybe the paddles in the elevator are getting weak and bending, not allowing the elevator to operate completely full? Just throwing ideas out there.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I got some flighting from a flighting manufacture in Nebraska as I recall. I can't quite remember if it had longer pitch but it definitely had a possitive lead of very near 1/2". This raised capacity of auger at least 10 percent. I would believe next bottleneck would be bubble up auger. Gleaner went with larger bubble up auger and bottom adjust chain which both helped. Their next step was the heavier paddles in the elevator. If I were to change the chain I would go with S series.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.