The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concave clearance numbers keep jumping around on EIP and touchscreen .Have tried new sensor and reroute wire but still no success.It will jump around just driving across the yard with separator shut off.The concave itself does not move and oh that is a fun cover to take off and work in that hole.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You might have to monitor voltage to sender and voltage out toteack it down. Next step is monitor the voltage signal coming into EIP. If all is steady you could have EIP trouble. The EIP is giving the info to screen thus the screen seeing the same thing

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many volts should EIP be reading?Had that problem the other day combine about died in the field,could not run with lights on .Checked batteries and cleaned cable ends,cleaned both ends of ground cable under cab seemed to work better but EIP shows 12.9-13.0 volts screen shows 12.4 volts.Have 14.1 coming off alt.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'd have to study currant supply to EIP. I would like to to moniter supply and ground to Clearance POT. It will be 6 volt as I recall. See this is steady at all times. Then check voltage out of sensor. It should remain steady as well. If all is well you will need to check voltage values right up at EIP

·
Registered
28 Posts
We put on a new concave clearance sensor to fix our #'s jumping around. 2 man job to calibrate it, one in the cab watching moniter and one guy in the bin turning the sensor and tightening it up. Then calibrate the concave clearance portion of the setup.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
As I recall voltage will need to be between 1 and 4 volt from end of stroke to end of stroke. Otherwise EIP will think there is a problem and display message accordingly. Twist POT as needed to prevent this and then calibrate. Adjust bracket so there is no binding between POT and concave shaft control. I suppose you could swap out the control to SUPER series actuator and then POT is incorporated into actuator and no chance of sticking

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Put new sensor in had it registering .44 went to the field never jumped around at all .After 2 rounds started to jump around now it says"open " for the concave clearance.Funny thing is it would register while sitting at the truck unloading,new wire I assume.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just cleaned them when I had loose stud on starter solenoid.I do believe it has a broken wire because when I got the combine they had that wire siliconed to the ram that moves the concave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts