The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are dryland, with wheat corn and milo, and run a stripper header in wheat. Machine has a standard rotor. I am going to remove all the reverse bars, would like to know if 1/2 inch would be better for our crops, or 3/4. I was looking at hyper mods. and would like to run four paddles and 4 extended bars into the discharge. Looking at the P3 processor pictures with this mod, the extended bars look like they are reverse bars. The shorter discharge paddle bars look like forward bars. Is this correct? I really want to get it right the first time. Thankyou for any wisdom and replies!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would go with the 3/4" bars and use the shorter forward bars and just move them over into the discharge. You will have a gap between the bars but that will allow some separation. I would only have 2 bars go clear to the end though and maybe just leave the other 2 bars out or put them against the other bars. When I ran an 8 bar rotor I only ran 4 rows on my 62.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.