The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured out the last issue on the new to me R70 about the distribution auger belt and pulleys with a little help from agco parts book and a chat with the dealer but now that we have that issue fixed the discharge after the impeller keeps plugging. I did take the cover off and see that all 4 of the blades were all bent on the rotor side so common sense tells me that's a problem and I have new ones set aside at the nearest dealer, but what I'm wondering now and since I don't have a manual to check is whether or not the impeller can be sped up like the chopper on my R62? I didn't see any way to change idlers or pulleys to speed it up. I do know that this machine was mostly used for corn and the previous owner told me that it also was used for sunflowers all of which I'm assuming would run at a lower speed if the speed could in fact be changed but the wheat straw plugs within the first half acre or so. So I guess ,y two questions would be... Will the new impeller blades fix this or should I be looking somewhere else also? And would the impeller be single speed?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The impeller blades can either be flat side facing out or serrated side out. Wheat is serrated side out. I never had plugging issue. Did have green straw wrapping around the inside of impeller between wall and it would bind up and stop and burn out the belt. Are your pulleys and belt in good condition? I can't remember whether they were 2 speed though.
On the rotor there are discharge rubber paddles are they worn out. Making it to a 4 paddle discharge is a good move.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The serrated side was the one that was out. I'm going to check the discharge paddles when I replace the impeller blades. Belts are new. There was some green stuff in the wheat but my R62 never checked up at 4.5 - 5 mph and the 70 couldn't do 2.5, the plug is always either in or just after the impeller. I should have taken a picture of the blades, they're in pretty bad shape

·
Registered
166 Posts
I believe the impeller is only one speed. Back in the early '90's when I was on a harvest crew we had a R60 that we had trouble with the discharge plugging. The dealer had an update kit to install a raddle chain in the discharge floor and that seemed to solve the problem. The plugging was most evident in tough straw.

I would agree with silverrod on putting 4 discharge paddles on the rotor and probably new impeller blades.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hwy 19, this machine has been a real beast, between it and my R62 we have marched across some custom ground. Had a few bugs to work out at first but nothing that wasn't to be expected from a machine that hasn't run in a couple years belts, etc. The neighbors without a doubt know when we're in the next field with that pair of Deutz screaming out loud ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.