The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at 2 2006 macdon 974 headers with challenger adapters and they look like I could drive up and pick them up with my r72. Is this a multi-color agco adapter? What else would need changing other than some transition work to the narrow feeder and hyd connectors? The auction is tomorrow so anyone with input would be appreciated.

I looked again and they say they are for cat combines, but there is an agco 5000 series draper sitting next to them and it looks like the same mount. They are at the Steffes auction in west fargo.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did some measuring and they will fit R gleaners. Header drives, reel drive and lift look the same. I wont know any more because they sold for more than I wanted to bid.

·
Registered
559 Posts
That 974 has a 873 adapter. The adapter is the same for all combines, they are just setup different. You would need the gleaner package for it. It would come with the correct hydraulic hookups, correct locking system and the narrow center draper and all the shields and fill plates to switch it over. You will also need some extra draper to add to the side drapers to make the center opening smaller because of the smaller feed draper. You will also have to add selector to your hydraulic block stack so you can use the hydraulic fore/aft since Agco used an electric system.

The gleaner is a bit tougher to setup than the Case, NH, or JD machines were, but were still not bad. You can order that package you need from MacDon, they still sell them. But no, its not quite a hookup and go idea, you will need to do some work, about 5 to 6 hours worth.

I have setup hundreds of 974's. I used to work for MacDon. Any questions, let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts