The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
R62 Steep pitch in thresher transition to standard in separator. All forward bars.Corn and beans. Only 2nd year in with a rotor. Works great! Haven't done a field loss calculation but when looking on the ground there isn't much there.

· Registered
333 Posts
Open 8 bar.No sweeps. Helicals extended into discharge. It is what Dan Hurtt was preaching back when. I'm years behind with machinery. 97 R65 Lowered rear of front feeder floor last summer. Hump was already removed/replaced on rear feed floor. Crops are different every year as far as how they thresh. I push it till it pulls down to 2200 as a rule in corn and beans. Sometimes in beans I have to slow up and let her catch her breath but my 25ft 800 head needs the flighting squared off to keep the feeding more even. First year in 16% 250bu corn I drove 6.2mph (6-30's) and it seemed happy. This past fall 5.5mph in 15% corn seemed like it had all it wanted. I'm no expert. I just enjoy running it.

· Registered
30 Posts
Open 8 bar.No sweeps. Helicals extended into discharge. It is what Dan Hurtt was preaching back when. I'm years behind with machinery. 97 R65 Lowered rear of front feeder floor last summer. Hump was already removed/replaced on rear feed floor. Crops are different every year as far as how they thresh. I push it till it pulls down to 2200 as a rule in corn and beans. Sometimes in beans I have to slow up and let her catch her breath but my 25ft 800 head needs the flighting squared off to keep the feeding more even. First year in 16% 250bu corn I drove 6.2mph (6-30's) and it seemed happy. This past fall 5.5mph in 15% corn seemed like it had all it wanted. I'm no expert. I just enjoy running it.
I;m getting ready to put steep pitch helicals in a 94 R62. Small grains when straw is tough, groans pretty good, when dry just fine. Need to find some cover plates for first sets of concave. A few more white caps that i like on wheat. Still learning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts