The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheat barley and canola in swaths for southern Alberta. Stock setup or take out some reverse bars? Also time for new feeder chains and sprockets. Stick with Gleaner sprockets or some guys talk about bolt together units to save pulling drive shafts. Who supplies them and will they match originals performance? While cylinder is out will change drive hub. What do you guys figure for hours on drive hub before changeout?

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Definitely get the bolt together sprockets if you have the right shaft size. I was going to get reverse-able sprockets on my 65 but I didnt have the right size shaft for them to go on. PFP is who builds the sprockets. As far as the other stuff I dont have much input.

· Registered
212 Posts
Certainly no big agco fan but when it comes to the feeder especially the upper, stick with oem parts. A lot of stress there and failure is not a good thing. Can't imagine a split sprocket on the 2" shaft would be a good idea not to mention the clumsy bolts that could snag material. Also split shields probably wouldn't work on split sprockets. New Fafnir bearings also a good idea as well as new compression springs on the adjusters. Don't forget new stamped flanges for bearings especially the ones in the feed drums as they stretch, get loose and bearings can spin in them. Agco flanges are thicker material than standard flanges and makes a real difference. Red loctite on new sprockets as well. Check shaft of gearbox as well for wear as a new hub on a worn shaft won't give you the best results. Good luck

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for input guys. Be pulling rotor and checking things out as soon as we clear out shop. Gleaner a whole new direction for us and we were happy with the job it did for us this year. Will give it a good once-over this fall to find any problems and also to give us a good idea what's involved when we have troubles down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.