The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked my FM two way radio up to the front battery of our 8010 and it worked fine until I tried to start the machine. When I cranked the machine it started to roll smoke out of the radio. Does anyone know if the combine switches that front battery to 24 volts? I am not sure whats going on. I need to have direct battery connections for our long range radios.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think the best place to put your connections is at the positive and negative posts in the cab under the fuse panel. Pretty sure from memory there is a live feed from the battery. Otherwise, hook up your power wires to the battery but follow the warning decal - the same as you would jump starting the machine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The starter on an 8010 is 24 volt. There should be a 12 volt lead behind the faceplate beside the factory radio. There is also a antennae hookup there for a 2 way radio.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I found the antenna and I switched my wires to the rear battery and all is well. I do believe that when you crank off of the front battery that it is a 24 volt source. Should of followed the diagram but oh well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts