The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know why the radio in a 2010 9770 works fine when the key is in the accessory position, but when you put the switch to the on position or run position theres alot of static and seems to lose station range? Radio is a AM-FM CD Delphi radio. Asked my dealer and they don't have a clue. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have similar problems with the radio in my 7820. I discovered that when I plugged my iPaq that I use for gps in to the cigarette lighter to charge the problem started and stopped when I unplugged it. So, it could be some electrical interference from something in the cab.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked the radio connections today and everything seemed fine back there. Just wondering if a 12volt power line filter would help? Ground wire is in the in the plug in and I have no idea where it finally grounds.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't installed any other accessories yet. Also it doesn't seem to matter if your tuned in to am or fm stations. Just alot of electrical interfence when the key is in the run position. Dealer may have to check with their factory engineers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have you tried shutting off the cab fan and A/C to narrow down whats putting "noise" on the 12V line?

·
Registered
653 Posts
i installed three radios into three brand new tractors for colorado dot. they all three did the same thing. I found when i unplugged the weather transmitter that the problem went away, i am still waiting on a dtac case from engineering to see what the problem could be. I will inform you if there is something i can find out

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi phishstik...........
Just went out and tried shutting off cab fan and any other accessories that have a switch and does not seem to make any difference to static. Tried turning on lites when the key is in on position and doesn't make any difference in the static either. The weather transmitter that you are talking about 5stateag is it the weather band station in the radio. Because my radio has a weather band station in it. Thanks again guys for the tips.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got a new 8245R and the radio in it has static and only brings in stations when you go north and south. East and west nothing but static
IG

·
Registered
653 Posts
yes its the weather band transmitter. all new deeres have them built into the cabs now, you wont know it unless you take off the green roof. Dtac said they know about this problem but are having engineering working on it. They kinda shut me off short when i talked to them this morning. Will post more when i know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks 5stateag for looking into this matter........
Looking forward to her what you find out, and in the mean time I will contact my dealer in the morning and see if they have anyone else with this problem.

·
Registered
162 Posts
anyone else running aftermarket HIDs get staticy (dont know how to spell that one) radio with the lights on?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Talked to our John Derere service department yesterday and it sounds like they been having all kinds of problems with static in radio reception. One thing that was mentioned was static when hid lights on, but I think this would be with factory installed hid's. Still waiting for a response from them to my problem. Another thing the service manager told me was on some models there is a 12v wire with the antanae cable that wasn't hooked at the factory that was causing these problems also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts