The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 62mm in Clermont and still pissing hard...I suppose the headers where out trying to strip wheat now this comes!! Maybe some moisture for sorghum etc but would no doubt be frustrating.....

Ant....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not a drop all growing season. Now it won't stop raining. Had a small hail storm a couple of weeks ago and now this. Got one header box off but too many green grains. Should give the cattle people some much needed feed.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Guess now we know where all our rain went! We had much the same sort of thing here in southern Alberta. No rain since July. Then in the last month we had over 7" of rain in total, on crops that were near ripe or ripe. But now we're into a stretch of hot dry weather again. Wheat's almost done, but sure looks awful.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
had 48mm last night over here at Northampton, Western Australia. We all started harvest on canola very very early this year (dry spell in august). Wheat on an angle and flat in a few places, lucky you dont get cold fronts over in QLD! :p

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Okay Ant started three weeks ago in CQ first Sunday had 25mm next Sunday had 30mm and this Sunday just gone we had 38mm.
PEOPLE OF CENTRAL QUEENSLAND PLEASE STOP PRAYING FOR RAIN WE ARE TRYING TO HARVEST. There that's better.

On a good note so far only two loads of H2 and the rest has been APH done about 320has so far yielding around a ton.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up with 80mm in Clermont...I imagine any grain from here is destined for the cows throat?? Good way to break a drought is start harvesting....I hope the price everyone gets reflects the pain of growing the stuff??

Ant...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.