The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay had some time to burn waiting for parts and beans to ripen here goes a little down rice

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Random 06 Rice Harvest pics and repairs

front rotor shaft cut

weld grinded off pin thru rotor

better to pull rotor out a bit to work on

air hammered pin out then pulled shaft out with some verbal asault

had to E-mail Case to find out if shaft could be changed on afx rotor was told by case it uses the same shaft as the old rotor just a longer pin to be welded to the drum we'll see!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

making a round for dad so he can take a smoke break,76 yrs ol he deserves a break

I think I'll put this one in the ol family album, you guy's that have lost farmming fathers know what I mean!

·
Registered
809 Posts

Great pics, the only time I need boots that tall is when the neighbors start talking about their yields.

Tell us more about growing rice.....you ever have to fight off a snake in the field?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well midwest Dad does tell a few old stories, milking cows, threashing crop,overhauling tractors, all before going to school back then he had to walk there uphill both ways & in the snow too!!!!!!!!! It was late in the day he drives the machine while I get to tend to the grain bins, trucks an other jobs that day I had just come from checking water in some second crop rice ( rice that has been harvested, re flooded and will be harvested again, this is a pic of second crop it was harvested about 12 days ago regrowth came bck very fast

·
Registered
298 Posts

That is some fast regrowth. I think my cousin attempted a top crop behind his stripper header this year. Was it as muddy for you guys as it was for him? I only got to go back and see them cut for a day. Wish I could have stayed longer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

hey neighbor yeh pretty wet here this season second cropping only about half the ac this year just the ground not rutted trying to get red back together to cut some beans they look good this year but their not in the truck yet!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

Nice job there Riceboy!! Great shot of you & your Dad....treasure
those moments.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Quote:hey neighbor yeh pretty wet here this season second cropping only about half the ac this year just the ground not rutted trying to get red back together to cut some beans they look good this year but their not in the truck yet!

Yeah, I've been wondering if Lafayette has been getting all the rain. Got some pics from your neck of the woods too, you might know them. These are from my sister's front yard in Branch.

And I know you can recognize this area. I was snapping pics while my sister held the wheel. If you squint you can see an ih (1480?) combine in the rice.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Hey Matt, also wanted to ask, what model is that CIH 4wd? Looks like a 9350 from here. Get any beans in yet. Went out to Richard again to see my sister, and saw a few combines in the beans, man seasons fly when you aren't around to see the action.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

the tractor is a 9150 with 9500hrs try to keep it in good shape!

beans are furnishing well for this sandy ground

lookin good

cutting over old rice levee! use a bypass hose on field tracker an draper header oscalates over levees pretty good

in this pic combine is tilted slightly while header is still level not much slope here except to cross old rice levees, Have a good an safe harvest everyone Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great pics again Matt. I see you were behind the new Walmart there. Thats not too far from my sister's inlaw's house. Sometimes I wish I was still going to school in Eunice, don't see many tractors or combines up Johston St.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeh the old man sold wally world 20ac there now that field is about 82ac still owns every thing around it he would need to consider land swap

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey matt, I hope you got all your beans out of the fields before all that rain Thursday. Heard there were some serious floods over your way. Didn't get much more than 3 inches here.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Naw, got about 50ac left cool weather maybe the saver here I'll get you some good pics when we crank back up trying to stop water in fields cut from draining to drain the beans not cut been a while since I've seen this much water, later!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great pictures, fellas. I really enjoy rice cutting pictures. That's something I've never seen in person, and probably never will.

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Bill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts