The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was looking for feedback on anyone using raven smartrax RTK in their sprayer? I'm looking for feedback from people doing row crop work on RTK. My Trimble in my N-H SP240F just keep going over my corn rows at 20 KM/Hr and nobody at Trimble seems to be able to fix it so I'm looking for a switch.

I mainly want to make sure if I switch, it'll be for improving and most guys here are on Waas so it's hard to really tell how precise it can be

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Clarify RTX or RTK. Your title says RTX post says RTK. I am running smartrax through the Viper with a 372 unlocked to RTX. I can pretty well guarantee you anything will drive straighter than a Raven. Basically everything I've been told and experienced is if your sprayer isn't steering great neither RTX or RTK will help.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Is the sprayer weaving down the line, or is the the pass to pass drift causing you to hit the row? Improving the signal will not help much if the online performance is poor. Getting the right guy in the cab to calibrate the thing makes a huge difference.

I have found that the new holland front boom is extremely difficult to calibrate and consistently stay on the line.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm already on RTK with Trimble, guy from the State that suppose to be the one to set up sprayers came twice and doesn't know what to do so now doesn't give any news back. It will steer rigth for a while and then suddenly goes offline 5-6-7 inches and then come back. It's been 2 years that everyone coming in playing with the P-gain and waste my time so I've had enough

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
im really happy with my viper rtk set up but you have to calibrate the jiro now and again
i used the same a b line on a section this spring that i used all last year i drove the same wheel marks bang on

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
1 out of 10 guys are happy with the Raven stuff here. At 20 km my Trimble 500 with an ez steer is about as good as my Viper at 30. I'd be even more afraid of the Viper 4. If you've been having trouble since new, your dealer should make it right.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I really like the performance I get from topcon equipment. It took some time and effort to get it calibrated but once done the performance has been amazing and that is using the X30, AGI-3 and AES-25(steering wheel motor) on and Apache 715. The performance was ok at first but then they made the wheel angle sensor available for the AES-25 and that made it amazing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts