The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been stuck trying to find my problem four two days. Last time I sprayed (N-H SPF 240 Xp) my autoboom system was working great. Stopped for the night pressure wash everything like as usual and then it rained for 3 days. Start the machine to look up something yesterday and notice autoboom was saying it didn't have any connection with the can. (I have the small stand alone display) On my Raven node, notice the can RX and Can TX don't light. I really thougth there was water in a connector somewhere. I checked them all, clean them with brake cleaner, (even though they were mostly all clean) dry them by blowing air in them and put dielectric grease. Still doesn't work. Look at the 4 pin connector with the raven terminator. should have 1 ground one 12 V and 2 2.5V pins. The 2 2.5 volts pins are reading 10V! Sometimes, when shutting off everything, it'll start to work again, but it still read 10 V in the connector. and after a couple of minutes error comes back again. It will also come back immediately if I start the engine. Sometimes also when it sudenly work, my display will start saying master power is off so it'll shut down the display in 30 sec....

_ Ihave good 12V and ground going in the display
- I Have good 12V and ground going in the node
- cleaned all the ground on the sprayer
- looked for loosened wire
- If unhook cable that connects to the node I still have the same voltage reading in the terminator. Same thing if I disconnect display

What else I'm my forgetting? I'm going to dealer tommorrow with my display, terminator and node to plug in one of their machine but i doupt they are the problem.

Don't know if many people will have courage to read my big story but I'm kinda desperate so trying what I can :)

· Premium Member
543 Posts
I had an issue similar to this last year, turns out it was one of the terminators on my Rogator's product application harness. Had moisture in it, (square blocky thing on the side or end of the wire harness), they are usually placed so that they can't get moisture in (connection down) but a pressure washer can force it in.

· Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I suspected that terminator as well, I've been looking for the second one for 2 days, can't find where they put it... I'll check that out, if there's 2, most chances are that the one that I didn't find is the problem as it would be the only thing I didn't try

· Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys were rigth, finally found my other terminator. Located on the rigth side, a bit in front of the engine. This one, instead of being a square black box is a big round connector with many wires coming in one side and only four small pin on the other. The terminator has one wire going out of the connector and coming back to it. Found some water in there and corroded pins. Didn't even pressure washed there... But connector was placed vertically so water could go in.

So I put a new one, put a lot of dielectric grease, taped the connector to seal it and placed it so it's laying horizontally. Should be good for a while now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.