The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ran razor beaters instead of the Case IH stone trap beaters in our 3 2388's and found a great improvement. We have traded for 7088's, does anybody run them in a 7088? is the Case IH beater improved in the 7088? I'm thinking that would be the first mod I would do, along with a silencer kit.http://www.razorrockbeaters.com/map.htm

·
Registered
102 Posts
They make the razors for the new 88 series also. The 88 beaters are just like the ones on the 2300's just with a bigger shaft. Might wanna give them a call

·
Registered
413 Posts
Pierre: What crops did you harvest with your 2388's. I have a 2377 that I run a 30' draper on, I never have feeder issuses in soybeans but in heavy wheat the stone trap plugs. Will the razor help with feeding in heavy wheat and what style should I use, the smooth blade or the one with teeth? And did you have any issuses plugging the rotor now that it feeds so much more into it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We harvest Wheat, Canola, Field Peas and Barley. We used the serrated bars on ours and that worked great till we tried harvesting wheat in the snow they were to agressive and would wrap. I don't remember pluging the rotor till we got into extreme conditions late this fall.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes we sell them for the 88 series. Glad to hear that they worked well in the 23's give us a shout if you have any questions. Email is on the web site or cell #'s are there as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
SuperH there is a bunch of us up here in the thumb area are running the straight edge beaters and absolutely love them in or 16xx machines. Keep up the great work.

Bret Pionk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RGP When we ran the demo 7088 against our 2388's it was about 20% more capacity in canola yet it seemed to plug in the feeder more than the 23's with the razor beater.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Pierre, I take it you think the razor would be a good investment for the 7088's also, I've never heard of this beater and you have my attention, because canola is a sore spot in the feeder on these combines any improvement would be welcome.

RGP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ayars660 I've never done soybeans or corn but for wheat i don't think its required. You can always add the serrated bars after if you feel you need them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was at Grand Island this week and was told that there is no point in installing a chip to increase the HP on a 7088 without installing a razor beater type of stone trap beater and they are looking into putting this type of beater in future machines. Therefore they must realise that its a bottleneck on these machines and would be a great improvement as I have witnessed on our 2388's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts