The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Eyeing up a combine on the sale myself. Better not say which one or I might have to bid against somebody else on here. ;)
A lot of stuff on the sale is consigned by JD dealers. I still don't have that figured out.
Not sure how it'll go in Sask. At the one in Lethbridge 10 days ago, I thought the combines went average to cheap for price but other than that, most stuff seemed pricey, although I didn't follow the air drills and missed some things. RB's seems to get good prices for consigners, and I don't see it changing any time soon.

10 - 15 years ago, I used to make a good supplement income hitting the auctions and flipping deals. There where lot's to be had then, but since the internet bidding has come in, auction steals are far and few between, but still see the odd one.

The dealers bring most of the high end stuff and most of the high hour stuff to all the RB auctions in western Canada. Not sure of the commission they pay, but it can't be too bad for them to keep doing it! Also, if their year end is December, they might be consigning more if there is tax or inventory implications. One thing I really like about Ritchie Bros is that you can search all previous sales or specific machinery for what price it went for and get an idea of the going cash valve of equipment.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Eyeing up a combine on the sale myself. Better not say which one or I might have to bid against somebody else on here. ;)
A lot of stuff on the sale is consigned by JD dealers. I still don't have that figured out.
Dealers selling at auction 101

The dealer has about 150k into a 200k machine, but it needs 75k worth of repairs to sell it as a reliable machine. Sell it at auction for anymore than 135k and they are further ahead than doing a bunch of work and waiting to hopefully sell it later.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
You going for one of the hawks?
Yup I'm hoping no one else wants it. Lol. I'm hoping for a Black Friday deal on a Tuesday.

When it comes to the equipment they don't try and start everything do they. Dam it's cold -31 this morning in carlyle

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

The dealer has about 150k into a 200k machine, but it needs 75k worth of repairs to sell it as a reliable machine. Sell it at auction for anymore than 135k and they are further ahead than doing a bunch of work and waiting to hopefully sell it later.
Then they also don't have to provide any warrenty or fix something that may break during the season

·
Registered
929 Posts

Were do they get this equipment from. When I sell to the dealer they want me to have it field ready or pay for any repairs that need to be done to have it field ready.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Were do they get this equipment from. When I sell to the dealer they want me to have it field ready or pay for any repairs that need to be done to have it field ready.
You sign a sale agreement on a trade that you will pay for any repairs needed on your trade over and above the price difference?????,

I know I don't, that's their job to look at the used one.......

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.