The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 2006 2388 Problems

We ran one this year and no problems with it throughout wheat and rye harvest. I believe that we have about a 125 rotor hours on it now. No problems!

·
Registered
14 Posts

You can read alot from a broken belt....
What are the failure modes of the sep. belt-i.e. Separated, split, tore in half?
I see a lot of these machines and have not seen any of these issues other than the sep. belt issue which was a pulley issue where it was machined wrong and was cutting the belt. Look over the entire diameter of the driver pulley.
Good Luck

·
Registered
620 Posts

The 2005/2006 2388's no longer have the hydraulic separator clutch, they us the idler tightener system like the 66's. On a new machine the belt will stretch out and require adjusting more than once in the first 50 hours. The newer machines have a lot more H.P. than the older machines.
Talk to your dealer as I hear some of the units have rotor sheave issues (supplier-not design) and soft engine mounts that allow the seperator belt to slip. Case has notified the dealers in a program to check certain units within a s/n range. Some 2006 units also require the installation of an orifice in the seperator engagement circuit some are way too aggressive. Always engage the separator at low engine rpm. hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts