The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 2008 Harvest (pics)

Wow, you rule that NO SMOKING thing with an iron fist.
Good for you!
Wonder if that would work on Jayne and Athena?

Nope.

How far and in what direction from St. Gregor(sp?) would this be Jester?
Looks like nice country.
Not that I have anything against 98j's country.

Don

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts

Nice pics! Looks like beautiful country, as Don said!

How do you guys not get lost in wheat? I couldn't figure out what system you guys were using... one of you is intersecting the other 'bines? LOL

G

·

Sure is nice country, don't so much have to worry about a rookie operator falling off a mountain, like you might in 98j's area.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts

Ha, for the most part we would get on a sprayer track (sprayer has autosteer) and go. A couple pics above were when we were just getting done a field so it looks like we were lost. Some may of been, who knows

Funny...! I'm surprised you don't have autosteer in those combines? Do you swath with it?

I love land that's slightly rolling... and wide open! hoping to get into some of that next year - only thing the rolling land around here has mountains behind it

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts

Heh... I would imagine! Will find out next spring... Guess you don't have to stop to eat lunch anymore?
ordered an Outback S3, and have to rig up an auto-steer valve for the 7111...

·
Registered
100 Posts

Great Photos jester, like the one you posted last week!

How does that work with those tarps you have on the hoppers when you have to move, don't you have trouble with hydro -lines in your way?
Remember the typicall Manitoba -Hydro -line was about half feet higher then the bupple -up auger on those combines. But when I saw that photos where the two combines unload into that semi you can see how much they are higher. So, can you fold down that tarp -kit easily?

·
Registered
100 Posts

[quote author=jester board=NH thread=9217 post=75024 time=1224777689

As for the hydo lines (Manitoba term), here we call them power lines
. They are not an issue, we have a decent infrastructure here...not the ancient stuff they have in Manitoba (ha Christian! jj
).

[/quote]

Right, it's also no term you learn in school, and so words like these can be very cunfusing for other people. Same thing about insurances -why don't you call then like what they are in the mews, or in a conversatin, instead of using curious short -cuts for them

As you thesis about infrastructure seems to be just provocating ..I don't find a reason why they should put the powerlines much higher then they do in mb in rural areas. Did not tuch them, as I said, but I was cared enough when getting closer to a line that I slowed down and watched the cable.
Anyways, if those kits are not too expensive, they seem to be a nice feature for a combine, especially in a year like this!

Oh, and for your thesis ..Maybe they just spend more money for infrastructure, and spread gravel each spring, which would reduce the distance between the road and the cable.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts

Oct 23, 2008, 10:01am, jester wrote:

As for the hydo lines (Manitoba term), here we call them power lines
. They are not an issue, we have a decent infrastructure here...not the ancient stuff they have in Manitoba (ha Christian! jj
).

Hah!

Actually, the main lines are kept high enough around our farm anyway. There's a few places where the RM went crazy when building roads, and stuck all the stones in the area underneath them, which in turn made the road too high... Still, it's fairly easy to get underneath them.

The bad part is when you get into old yards, that have the hydro lines above ground from the transformer to the house... On one piece we rent, I have to pull the flag off to get underneath it

PS: Karsten, I have to get back to your email yet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts