The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Actually I clicked on the link $100 that's not bad
Try $583 for the CD Rom version;) $100 bucks gets you the operators manual:D

When I bought my copy along with several others at a receivership sale years ago, I was told by a friend who owns a dealership that the printed version was around $900 at that time (2001). They are a tough book to find for sure;)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I was amazed when I bought my 7720 service manual. Paper version was 4 or 5 hundred but PDF on CD was 45 bucks. 60 bucks at staples and I had it printed out double sided with holes punches to put in my own binder and had electronic copies on all computers (laptop GPS at time so very handy).
If they lowered the price it would be a no-brainer (especially for the older series they don't often see at a dealership 1680-88).
Its not often that anything green is cheaper so I figured I'd mention it. (Jensales.com is another resource for older manuals)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I don't care for them, but the CDrom manuals are the way to go for the expensive ones. Then you can print off what you need, but unless you print off the entire manual they can be a pain when you want to flip back and forth between sections and such.

The days of cheap manuals on Ebay are long gone. That is where I bought quite a few of mine over ten years ago, some of the sellers I bought from often would give me deals when I bought several at once and the prices were a quarter of what they are now or even less. One seller used to ship the books to me by US Mail Bag, was cheaper than parcel post for 50 plus pounds of books. Still have several of those canvas or nylon sacks around. Canada Customs always got me on GST. But when I look today, I see books listed for hundreds of dollars that I used to buy for 25-50 bucks. A lot of mine come from dealerships and were like new.

As for the copies, becareful, often the pictures are very dark and difficult to see. I have even bought some of the pirated CDrom copies on Ebay recently, kind of a ***** to use because its burnt just as a PDF document so to find what you need, you do a whole lot of clicking:mad:

Also some of the older Deere printed manuals are now photocopies as well. in 2001 ordered replacements for all my tractors after I lost all my manuals in a fire, the one for the 6030 was a very disappointing photocopy, while all the others were originals. Kind of a piss off for $70 bucks even back then:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts