The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: 2388 high speed gears?

Very simple if you have the electric 2 speed just reach down by the shifter & push the micro switch off to the side & presto you get high range in 3rd gear [normaly blocked out from the factory] trick I learned when I was on wheat harvest!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts

just put the 2 wire on the c terminal of the micro switch. High all the time lol.

When I rebuilt out 2388 gearbox in 2006 we went through all the case stuff and mad sure that we had the highest 2nd gear ratio we could. There are 2 diffrent 2nd ratios in the case parts system.

We now have a 2588 and no point trying to gear her up flat out keeping speed as it is, dont know why, not lossing HP, and it dont matter how full the tank is, will drop 3 or 4 km on a hill.

Madsnake
Madsnake

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

hey those hill just jump out when you don't want them to hey

we did this to our 2388 good on speed on the road but your only on the road when your crossing it got it up to about 24mph

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

you get much rain out this last one blanch? got enough on two jobs to see it thru, but the other one is still a worry.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts

Thats is it our 2588 will drop from around 15km/h sometimes down to 10km/h cumming up a sandhill. Only loss 10 or 20 rpm, not working hard in a 1 or 2 bag crop.

Madsnake

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts

No we dont have rear wheel drive and our hills arnt that high or step ether, can get up them just the 2588 loss more speed than the 1688 or 2388 did.

Madsnake

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

we find it abit with our 7010 to madsnake doesn't drop rpms just a bit of speed we have a 99 2388 with 4500hrs and it doesn't slow as much as the 7010.
been hearing up here a few blokes not realy happy with case after the last season for sevice and reliability i think.

why madsnake is madbarstard to rude.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts

I dont know were it can from just sounded good lol.
There 2588 has not let use down at all just the ground speed thing.

Were are you in QLD blanchfarm?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

we are between pittsworth and clifton on the condamine river just south of toowoomba.
we had not a bad run with the 7010 this year is the 2588 out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts

Blanchfarm, things would be looking ok there at the moment?

It was out of warranty en of last year, its well know to case and the dealer about the ground speed. Dads mate got one the same time from same dealer, same spec and its the same for ground speed.

Madsnake

·
Registered
1 Posts
tracks on a case 2388?

I'm thinking about putting some tracks on my 2003 case 2388 but it will drop the speed in all gears down by a third. Is there any way (easy way) to change the gear ratios in the gearbox?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts