The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 50ft macdon?

we are supposed to receive a 45 ft head this fall, our macdon rep was telling me macdon is capable of building a 54 ft head, time will tell, seems everything is getting larger, scott.

·
Registered
553 Posts

I would love to know when we will see one as well. We can get a 50ft Midwest here in Australia, only problem is they cant be made into a swathing front as well. I would love a 50ft MacDon and hopefully they will beef up the Swather tractors so we can hang one of those and swath at 50ft as well to fit in with a controlled traffic system

·
Registered
78 Posts

There weren't many sold... but my dad showed me a couple of pictures when he sold Macdon and Westward products of a Macdon 50ft swather (PT).... they just put the two swathers into a tandem hitch and pulled them together... looked kinda funny

·
Registered
356 Posts

There are a few around here, the guys that swath use them. But that is not the question, the 50ft draper header for a combine is.

·
Registered
78 Posts

yeah i know what the question was... just thought i would share it with a couple people

·
Registered
894 Posts

Case is going to have to fix what they have first. Their grain loss is pretty much unbearable and inexcusable. To a point that many won't even drop their spreaders too check for fear of how much. Ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I can't believe there are still people out there complaining about grain loss.
Operator error is the main cause for grain loss.
Look for the cause and fix it I say.
I have heard about 2x 25ft macdon fronts that have been joined together to make 50ft in Eastern Australia. It sounds very possible to do.

·
Registered
553 Posts

Anybody know anybody tha knows anybody that might have heard of a timeline for a 50fter. I am sure it will happen, but would be curious to know when.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts