The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: 6620 turbo header

If you are talking about high yielding beans, you will think a 20' is plenty. I had a 216 for several years on the same machine and it was a nice load.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Camp, if you are asking what JD says, the header chart in the Dec 84 Titan II brochure gives a header range for both flexible and rigid of 13-24 feet. The header size for the 7720 and 8820 is 15-30 feet. What you actually want to put on it depends on what you are cutting. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
26 Posts

In 50-60 bu. greenstem beans 18 or 20 ft will work, I ran a 6620T2 and it won't handle over 20ft head , same thing for wheat, they will handle a 6 row cornhead with ease.

·
Registered
29 Posts

We run a 6620 with a 220, and in tough beans that's about all it wants.
If your looking for a head, I would look for something newer than a 222. Our combine has been great, but the 220 hasn't been that reliable.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Camp, sounds like you are located somewhere in Kansas, probably. If it was me, I would not go larger than 20 foot, 20 should be just right.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

try to find a 900 series platform if you can, we ran an old 220 platform on our 9600 two years ago since we rented some old nursery ground and we didnt wanna chance ruining our 925 platform on it.

The reel fell off and went into the feenderhouse (disaster), the height controls never worked, and it seemed like parts were harder to find with them, and for sure working on them was a pain in the ***.

Try to find a nice a 918 or 920 flex...they can had for about $4,000-$8,000 depending on condition, and would keep a 6620 running good.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Sounds like a 20 or 22 foot would be good. Have run 24 foot header on 7720, I wouldn't have wanted any more. Have heard people running 30 foot headers on 7720. Always wondered how well that would really work.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:I just purchased a 6620 turbo and me and dad are arguing about whats the biggest size you can put on it i said 24 is max a 222 would be best. he claims an 18 or 20 is all plz help.

For me I have found that a 6row corn and row heads and a 20ft flex and ridgid platforms seem to be the best size for a 6620. That is what I have around here and really don't plan to change for a long while. You can't carry any bigger row or corn head and the 20 ft of platform is about all the machine can take in 50 bu wheat or beans and 100 bu milo. I have noticed that at 20 ft that is all the bigger head a person wants in the rough country I see. As far as the reel on a 200 series head you will find that all you need to solve loosing reel bats is to check the bushings that attatches the bats to the arms from the main tube. What happens is from yrs of running the bushings wear on the tubes of the reel bats and wears them through. New bushings and maybe a new pipe from time to time will solve 99% of all the reel faliures. If you find a nice head but the reel is poor shoup or sloan carries a new pipe reel kit that I really think would be a great fix for an old worn out reel. I can't really address the other issues about working on a 200 series head as they haven't really given me a lot of trouble otherwise. If you are looking for a 900 series head if you go to the for sale page there was a 920 flex that I think would do a nice job for ya and not cost ya to bad. Good Luck..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts