The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 693 cornhead and 9760

i'd think you'd be able to get away with an 8row head going on 12row planter rows if you had autosteer since there wouldnt be a noticeable point row problem.

What was the 693 hooked up to? if it was a 9000 series, you'll have to get the shafts on the cornhead switched out for PTO style ones.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

Quote:Ok i know i am going to get crap for this but anyways we just got a 9760 and still have our 693 cornhead...Were going to have to get by with it for this year...i really dont want a 12 row cornhead and i really dont want to trade planters to a 16 row and then have to get an 8 row cornhead....my 693 cornhead doesnt have knife rolls or anything, is their an adapter or something that i need to make it fit on the 9760....also were looking at getting autosteer on our planting tractor...if we have autosteer when planting corn with a 12 row planter, would it be straight enough to use an 8 row corn head...or would i have problems with it being offset?

Will the 9760 has contour-master, you will need pto drive shafts and sensors to make the countour-master work, will the corn head have adjustable deck plates, it will then need multi-quick coupler for the hydraulic hook up, will it have Auto-header height, the 9760sts has a different auto-height system then the 9000 hundred series, so the corn head will need different sensors.
Auto steer, if you plant with SF2 it will be close to a inch most of the time or right at a inch or less, RTK will be on sub inch all the time, today, next week and next year.

·
Registered
85 Posts

ive planted with an 8 row and shelled with a 6 row for many, many years. auto steer wasnt even a twinkle in anyones eye when my machinery was built either.

sometimes on curves and such you'll have to shell 6 down and bring the two back, but other than opening a field up, I've never had much trouble. if you see it starting to crowd, just slow down and give it a chance.

all that said, i think the 12 row planter 8 row head would be a better option for you. thats a whole lotta combine.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts

I ran 3 years with a 12 row planter and 8 row corn head and no autosteer. I have to straddle the guess row on post applied chemical also. We plant all corn in straight rows, only the headlands are curved. Sometimes we would pick out 4 and 8 on the headlands. We had very little problem in the field.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

If you put the 693 on I would reccomend a wedge kit to flatten out the head so it will feed better, not great but better.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

did they redo the angle on the feederhouse for the STS's? Ours is pretty flat on our 9600, then again the head might be slightly redesigned since its an 06 model...

·
Registered
2 Posts

We've been running a 643 on a 9750 since 2004. 9750 has 1050mm Michelins in front, 710mm in back, and grain tank extended to 410 bu. Works well for our style of harvesting (no grain cart). If you want more info or opinions, email me.

·
Registered
530 Posts

I just removed the entire setup for single point hookup for 60 series including drive shafts for 50/60 series from my 894 corn head. Currently listed on ebay but if anybody needs these parts sooner than I can work something out.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

lining up as in far apart (width), or a 6inch gap like height wise?

If its width, the shafts slide out on the cornhead, and if its height, make sure you have the bottom pins/arms in the holes and lined up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts