The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: 70+8010 Modules

i thing the better setup is 2 front small wire and the 3 and 4 module should be slotted but we gonna try 3 small wire on each side and just one slotted on the rear and i should be tell you in a few day how is work in wheat.you should close the 4 vane in the front and open the other vane on the cage area

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yes it is the ST picture from 7120 (Germany) operator says that with this setup he was working in raps, barley and wheat with out any changes. we tried it at home and I like it. for the bigger machines (8010 9010 they suggested sw lw corn slotted. for 7010 sw swL + lwR corn slotted (like in the picture).
[font=Verdana]"i thing the better setup is 2 front small wire and the 3 and 4 module should be slotted but we gonna try 3 small wire on each side and just one slotted on the rear and i should be tell you in a few day how is work in wheat.you should close the 4 vane in the front and open the other vane on the cage area"[/font]
We used to doe like his until now it works but after I tried this new settings (couple weeks) I like it more so far.

·
Registered
620 Posts

Have run small wires in #1 & 2 position with Round Bars in #3 & 4 and it worked well. I think separation is better than the slotteds and the straw was a little longer vs the skip wires.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

well the idea is that the more open modules brakes straw more aggressive. this is why in dry conditions i prefer slotted to avoid overloading the sieve this 'German' setting is ok for straw and min rotor looses. As I tested it just few days but it seems reasonable at least worth it to try

·
Registered
620 Posts

well the idea is that the more open modules brakes straw more aggressive. this is why in dry conditions i prefer slotted to avoid overloading the sieve this 'German' setting is ok for straw and min rotor looses. As I tested it just few days but it seems reasonable at least worth it to try

So I take it from your comments that the way mine is setup is how they operate them in Germany? High yielding wheat and lots of straw to I take it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts