The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 70 Series availability & new corn head

I heard as of November 15th there were no more orders being accepted for the 70 series combines... heard from the factory that they are at PEAK production no more even if they tried.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

We were looking at a 70 series this fall, when we started pricing they were available for April delivery and within a week they were out to the end of July. It was at that point that we bought a 07 9660 with 82 sep hours on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts

Quote:Yah my Deere dealer told us that the 9030 series tractors, combines, and SP sprayers are sold out
Starting to feel like 73! Gee, a boom every 35 years, those greedy farmers.

Don

·
Registered
202 Posts

Quote:Par Canadian Dollar? not hard to figure out why sales are high

Was wondering that too but to trade the price has stayed the same. Outright cash buy would be cheaper though

·
Registered
632 Posts

We went Deerebine hunting 1st week of Nov. and got the story too_One dealer even thinks? used Deere values will go up as a result and is factoring that into the price.

I dunno if I agree with that.

Greed only works up to a certain point.At some point even a Deere buyer
will look elsewhere to supply a machine.A green machine could be worth more on a trade at a competitor's dealer too.Money talks and BS walks as they say.

I see opportunities for Big Green's competitors to fill a void in the market.Agco or CNH stock anyone?

Yeah the Can. $ worth more now so I suppose that's causing a few more equip. sales up there.It's also made the potash coming from Canadian mines more expensive for us to buy.For every action there's a reaction.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

im excited....sooner the new series comes out, faster the 60 series BR's will fall in price....replacing the 9600 for the 09 season might be a good possibility....

my dad was like "alright, we paid the combine off!.....now we have to find something else to buy for tax deductions"

·
Registered
122 Posts

Okay! you have daddies permission now. ha. We have heard from one dealer in our area that they may not be able to get a 9630 for us for next fall, another dealer has two on order for spring, neither of which have been sold.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

sloans has quitea few coming in or already in stock....they have 1 9630T and 3 9530 artic's i believe, i'd have to double check the farm week ad for sure.

I bet the 9530 will outdo a 9630 in the nebraska test again as well....you can ahve all the horsepower you want....but functionality over form IMO. With the 20 series anyway, they put too much motor on too light of a tractor, which is why the 9520 was able to outpull a 9620.

My dad went out to see his old school buddy in Dysart, IA and his neighbor had a "C" series cornhead and he said the field was a disaster, the choppers made the material too fine and there were huge piles of leaves/husks/stalks along the fence row and they were trying to burn it off to till it.

besides the swing out panels, and lower angle....is there any difference between a "c" series non chopper, and a 693? If there's not, looks like a bish adapter is all we need to convert our 693 to the new series, and save $$$, lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts

Quote:I bet the 9530 will outdo a 9630 in the nebraska test again as well.
In what way did the 9520 beat 9620 in Nebraska?

Don

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

9520:

Nebraska Tractor Test 1805:

Test Date: May 2002

Engine:

PTO (max): 370.54 hp [276.3 kW]

Drawbar (max): 411.97 hp [307.2 kW]

9620:

Nebraska Tractor Test 1844:

Test Date: November 2004

Engine:

PTO (max): 376.7 hp [280.9 kW]

Drawbar (max): 397.47 hp [296.4 kW]

Drawbar horsepower (where it counts), 9520 made 14hp more than the 9620....realistically gonna notice it? i highly doubt it unless it got down to one heck of a lug contest.....but the facts are their.

·
Registered
566 Posts

The 600c series run there 22% snapping rolls faster and there gathering chains 15% slower than the 90 series

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

why slow down the chains? and speedup the rolls? seems like you'd be overloadin the head with ears...

·
Registered
122 Posts

Ebert- Look at the tractors nebraska tests again. You need to compare apples to apples, look at the same gear and the same rpm, ballasted and unballasted the 9620 outperforms the 9520 every time. YOU really need to research things before you let the fingers start typing.

·
Registered
321 Posts

If you take into account the snapping rolls/deck plate area is longer than a 90 series, and if the rolls are larger in diamater, then 22% is nothing, I believe this is also done to reduce trash intake.

jd

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts

Quote:Ebert YOU really need to research things before you let the fingers start typing.
Or at least let common sense kick in!

Don

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

i got that info off of tractordata.com, i assumed it was correct since the 9300/9400 figures are correct....i dont have adobe reader installed so i cant view actual nebraska test results at home.

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts

Quote:i got that info off of tractordata.com, i assumed it was correct since the 9300/9400 figures are correct....i dont have adobe reader installed so i cant view actual nebraska test results at home.
I see your right, sure makes you wonder about the credibility of tractordata. They used 7th gear 2100. Max, across the board power 9620 1800,12th, ballasted, 472.40 the 9520 1800,12th,ballasted 414.08 So tractordata took max at 1800,12th,unballasted 411.97 giving 2.11 hp spread between ballasted and unballasted on the 9520 big deal.
By the way the 9620 is not the most powerful tractor ever tested at Nebraska.
A Cat MT875B 1800, 10th, ballasted (56,000!) 506.53.
9620T, 454.87
STX 450, 413.58
STX 450 quadtrac 385.33
The STX's were tested over 7 years ago so don't whine to me, CNH is your guy!
About 3.7% of your power evaporates with 2 tracks
About 6.9% with quadtrak.Yea, yea I know, cement track.
Cat guys Is the MT875B still the BIG cat?
Will the 9630 break 500 drawbar? Hmm. Does the term splitting hairs ring a bell?

Don

P.S.
Ebert, get yourself Adobe Reader, I think you'll like it.
Hope I didn't bore too many, sorry.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

Deere is out of Large equipment because they are sending a large percentage of it overseas leaving the North American dealers with a shortage. Large orders were placed by some countries and they will be filled. North American dealers will be shorted. Could be the US dollar value causing mother Deere to go after some of the higher valued monies?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts