The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 7010 demo

there is supposed to be a horsepower mod out for them, might want to check if its been done

·
Registered
341 Posts

well we did 1228 acres of beans(many with green stems) in 10 days with a 7010 and a 2062 36' flex draper. i ran locked on full power from 3.5 up to 6mph. just had to remember to back off a bit to unload. does take a little for this machine to get up to speed when starting sep. and header. the header worked like a dream

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Thats good to hear....a local guy got one and really likes it..Fuel pump went bad so they gave him a 8010 for a couple days and got along great with it too.

Good luck with it..

·
Registered
929 Posts

We got along great with our 7010 and 36ft draper as well. I can't believe how much power it had in green stem beans. Never dropped below 4.5mph after getting the hp upgrade. We ran over about 900acres of soybeans with it and ran anywhere from 4.5-6mph. Its a monster in beans. We were doing beans when our neighbors were afraid to run them through their 2388's they had so much green stems. But the beans were the 12-13% and we wanted them out. It would be scary to run this after a hard frost when they combine easy.

·
Registered
929 Posts

Its actually only 10hp. It went from from 350 with a power rise to 390 (I think) to 360 with a power rise up to 408 or something.

I think it changed to whole fuel map though because it does seem like it has a lot more power.

·
Registered
8 Posts

If you have that bad of a power problem there is a line off the bottom of the fuel tank that has been kinked by the factory. Dont know who inspects these but i have seen 4 machines now with this rubber line twisted and kinked straight off the truck. The dealer may not notice it cause they never put it under a good load.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts