The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 7010's south of the equator

CIH has only sold combines in South America for a few years maybe since 03 or so. They started with the 2388 I think. South American equipment has been more basic though there is increased interest in higher tech machines and Deere seems to be leading the introduction of big high tech machines and may be putting pressure on other companies to do so. Agco has stated rotaries will be introduced into South America though I don't think Brazil as of yet has the rotary MF like Argetnina and Chile. Historically, (going back decades) the Brazilians were using small tractors with many hired hands to run them instead of large horsepower tractors on good sized farms and probably alot of 4 and 5 walker combines. Good for local labor to have jobs.
CIH might be using the NH dealers as a base for dealers. I don't know, but New Holland has made combines in Brazil since the time of Claeyson, the predecessor of NH. The last time Case produced a combine in Brazil was in the 70's I think. Old J I Case made the orange 960 and 1060 which were produced here in the 60's and also the 4490 four wheel drive tractor along with some industrial units I think, but CIH's axials in South America are a pretty new thing and I haven't seen anything on their Brazilian or Argentinan sites about later models. Check out the CIH site and pick Portugese or Spanish language versions and they should have those counties listed.
Deere too only recently took over sales under their ownership. Up till several years ago SLC produced German designed combines in Brazil. They started with old pull types and 55 deisigns painted red I think in the early 60's.
International Harvester designs based on European IH combines were made by Ideal which were part of Iochpe Maxion that became MF Brazil. Some MF combines of the late 90's were IH design along with their MF design still made there today in smaller versions.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: 7010's south of the equator

Didn't the south american Case have other numbers on them as well. I think it was on this board also, where someone posted pictures of some Case 2399 ( 2388 in NA) harvesting soybeans in Argentina. Don't know if there are any differences, though. They also had the new 2599.

Martin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.