The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 7088 the good the bad and the ugly?

Two news ones this past year, 399 engine hours on both, one combine had a wire harness issue (two hours downtime), a couple of times the rotor drive gear-box on one kicked out of gear, there is an update they are doing to all 09's to tighten-up the de-tent. Our 2010's have the change-up done at the factory, I'm told. Over-all real happy with the machines, we also have a 7120 and can't see a real capacity difference between the two, the larger cleaning area on the 7120 is noticeable, it is easier to get a clean sample.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I had one last year. Great machine, we had no problems with it. Works good in wheat and milo.... but it really shines in corn. Best machine I've ran. Hoping our new 8120 will be as good
Knockin on wood right now

·
Registered
16 Posts

small problems:

1) the rubber turbo intake boot was sucked in after a few hundred hours, limiting boost and almost tore a whole through the rubber, getting dirt in the engine. when i was at the plant in october they were already installing upgraded boots with some reinforcement on there so it wont suck in. That might have been a recall, so i'm not sure if there are even any of the old style elbows out there.

2) there is a little support arm that braces the fan for the radiator cleaner. it is angle iron with a folded over end where it bolts to the combine. this folded tab broke twice on me, causing the fan to come loose and tear up the housing. Very simple fix, however: weld the tab to the angle iron on the non-folded seam (hard to explain, but simple when you're looking at it). this way that tab won't vibrate and break loose. I alerted the case engineers about it and they took pictures and whatnot and said theyd find a solution for it, so not sure if theyve fixed it yet in the factory.

Like i said, these are relatively minor problems, all in all its a great combine, definitely holds its own, you can run a lot of bushels through em. that said, i will admit i prefer cutting with the 8120s though, but thats mainly because the cabs are so much nicer, and also because my motto is the bigger the better

·
Registered
2 Posts
7088 hydro

I have a 7088 that the hydro slows down but the engine rpms stay up . 2speed motor. where is the relief valve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts