The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 7088 working speed?

i ran a brand new 7088 last year (in the states) and in 2nd high it topped out at just over 10mph, so the same as yours.

I know of one harvester who had two 7088s and after complaining enough that they couldn't keep up with his john deeres when driving down the road, the case mechanic changed something to increase their top road speed. I dont know what he did to them, but i guess it is possible to turn them up somehow

·
Registered
247 Posts

If the combine has duals there is a switch on the gear shift lever under the access cover for the fuses. It limits the road speed but is very easy to disengage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

goalie i know the old 2388 and 2588s had that switch underneath there but i didnt think the new 88 series did? The 7088 in third gear at road speed is only one or half a mile an hour slower than the new 20 series, the 7088 topped out at like 20.9mph or something like that on flat ground

·
Registered
247 Posts

We have a 6088 and there is a switch. I think we get about 22.5 on the road. Could only get 18 or so before 'adjusting' the switch.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts

When I rebuilt the old mans 2388 gear box there were 2 2nd gear ratios, on for small grains and one for rice machine.

Things may have changed.

Madsnake

·
Registered
31 Posts

I didn't do it on our 7088 but on a 2388 I know there is a switch that the shift lever hits when going into 3rd gear that cuts off the 2 speed. All you have to do is pull away the cover and move the switch so that it will not contact the shifter and presto you will now be able to do 27+ mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts