The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 8010 in barley

What issues do they say they are having? We harvest alot of Barley and I do not see any issues

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

What kinds of yields are you looking at? Is this field or brew barley (is skinning the seed an issue).

·
Registered
9 Posts

Last year was my first with our 8010, I reapt a fair bit of barley with it and rotor loss was the only issue I had with it at first. The grain loss monitor did not show that the loss was greater over the rotor than the sieves, but it was. It took a kill-stop to identify the cause of the excess loss, which was a sepparation issue. In spite of the fact that the weather in last november was extremely hot & dry (40'C, turning all the straw to almost dust) I had to increase the rotor speed significantly to separate the grain. After this the performance was excellent.

·
Registered
342 Posts

I would say those guys are full of crap. I live in an area were there is lots of malt barley grown for Busch, Coors, and others. and we grow malt barley too. I don't own or run Case combines but until JD came with the STS, the axial flow was the king around here in barley.

·
Registered
42 Posts

They have limited capacity in barley without losses. To get it satisfactory need the right concaves and settings and slower ground speed. 2388 goes better in barley.

·
Registered
206 Posts

we had some puzzles to solve in some varieties of barley. with oats hard to brake. If we set threshing hard enough it brakes the straw and overloads the sieves (not to mention oats them self plugging the sieves). Well it takes more time to find a perfect combination. This season we shall try to cover part of concave with some metal plate to make something like deavning plates.

Doe not think that CR would be better in this situation

·
Registered
2 Posts

alot of 8010 owners here in my area of S.A. have had a lot of issues with this, however the cr owners have had no such problems. they are the duck's guts, at least around here. one local chap here has gone back to the axial flow's, which are outperforming the 8010's.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I have run into rotor loss in Canada and Australia last year and if you throw a wide wire concave in the front left corner the problem goes away. Keep the rotor at 1000 RPM. This happens when the straw is busting up too much and plugging up the font concaves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts