The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 8010 iveco engines?

good motor, issues on some of older machines, timing was a issue, injectors, changed a couple, all and all good motor, scott.

·
Registered
423 Posts

like goblue says we had to be sold on these engines but now that we owned four 7010 and now we switched to 7120 s would never want to go back to cummins we have a cummins in a newholland 8020 tractor no problems but does not run as smooth as the iveco does.

·
Registered
277 Posts

farmerjones- you think its a suprise to us that your JD is better than your 7010 again?? 8010 with a 40ft i thought was thirsty when is was on the boost setting, but i thought it wasn't bad running on the stock setting. Per acre wise it was very close to a 9600 in heavy wheat.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Is anyone else tired of hearing farmerjones run down case in every post he can? You had a bad experience, get over it! Go get a John Deere. The majority of us have had great experiences with our 8010 and 7010's. There are always going to be exceptions to the rule, NO MATTER WHAT COLOR IT IS. We had the opposite results in fuel effeicency. The John Deere was the fuel hog compared to the case. It was a 9650 sts. The 7010 does use a lot of fuel per day but per acre it is still running in that 1.3-2.0 gallon per acre depending on what we are cutting. 600 hrs on the seperator and not one breakdown, just a update or two during the off season.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts

I have 2 8010s an 05 and an 06 and have had great luck with both of them. Neither machine has a over usage of fuel they are both actually more efficient then the previous 2388s we used to run. In light crops the fuel useage is minimun and in heavy crops when those big hogs are mowing thru the field and walking the dog on any deere of course they use some more fuel but they are performing and putting on a show. If your machine set in the field for a week then you are weak minded for not calling and chewing someones back end or choosing another dealer to come help with the problem and your local dealer isnt very impressive to put a customer thru that. As far as the big GREENE machines go this year in Oklahoma a crew of 12 Brand new ones we drove by and 5 of them were on the corner of the field BROKE DOWN with the harvest support guys lending a hand to try to get them back and going 5 out of 12 down isnt to impressive... All brands have good machines and they also have lemons, my advice is if you have a lemon then find a way to get rid of it instead of crying over spilt milk.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts

We had three 8010s and one 9870 STS running the last harvest on the farm,the 8010s burnt 2.8gals/acre average,the Deere 1.3,and one 8010 had to get new injectors(3rd season) after it was sitting in the field for a week while the service tech guys tried to locate the problem.

·
Registered
975 Posts

I thought our 8010 with a 35' head was thirsty too, but it burns close to the same amount of fuel per day that our 2188 with a 30' head did, but gets over more ground. We average 1.2-1.4 gal per acre.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I feel these forums are for info good & bad, but constant bashing isn't needed. Change colors & move on. It's one thing to voice a complaint or problem & another to constantly flame someone or the machine. I'm overall very satified with my 7010 & iveco motor. My 2 cents. ( down from my soap box now) .Doesn't burn any more fuel per acre than my 2166 did & a lot more at end of day without breathing heavily!!

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts

Not a case, but have had 2 in a CR970 and CR9070. Great engines. The real test is the guys that have had the bigger ones (13L) in tractors running beside the cummins. I don't think I have heard one guy that would rather have the cummins. Surprised jester didn't mention it!

·
Registered
998 Posts

So really at the end of the day the problem with the iveco is fuel usage and not actually engine faults / problems? i.e. crankshafts, heads etc. All of these issues I believe would be electronic and not mechanical. I'd rather have an engine that uses a little bit more fuel than one that's sitting in a crate ready to be put back in to replace the stuffed one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts