The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Re: 9090 leader again, for how long?

Quote:This is an all new record.

That has been invalidated in the eyes of the customers.

The whole reason for Claas endorsing Ecofarming's attempt was to show that their second line model qould equate to the CR9090.

Not saying that the CR9090 is a bad machine - far from it.

However, NH's corpoate marketing were making claims and banner adverts throughout the European farming press that the CR9090 was a better machine than the Lexi 600, which is clearly nonsense.

As an example in my area, a 2000 model Lexion 480 cleared1022 tonnes in 20hrs - that was some years ago and not a 'stunt' - it was summer, good conditions low humidity and bad weather forecast. Just get it cut and tipped.

The later 570,s, 580, 580+ and 600 have greater capacity in 15 to 20% steps.

Inspection of the Telematics leage for September will show what a 600 will do in real world conditions - not s staged event. These figures are average over the month in the UK where we have had appalling harvest conditions and also that will include headland turns, travelling - not everything is on a staged 400 acre field! What NH strived to do as an event is daily use for a 600.

http://www.claas.co.uk/countries/generat....lang=en_UK.html

·
Registered
41 Posts

I telle you what, the conditions were too easy, i used to work in England in Northumberland and this year, the wheat is very very mature, cause of the weather (very wet). And harvesting is still not finish over there. But even a 580 would do the same, a 600 with 30ft was doing 90 to 95t/h. This prove a world record doesn't mean anything.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts

I think its great that the records keep coming, it pushes the combine companies to strive for advances in the harvesting world. Good on New Holland for challenging the lexies!!

·
Registered
28 Posts

I'm not sure I understand the straw length part is the 60 cm from the bottom of the plant to the top of the head or the amount that went through the combine. Becaue as I read it they cut half way up the plant and only put 14 inches of straw through the combine in a 151 bu/ac crop. They might as well of used a stripper header. Everybody knows a rotary with the same hp as a conventional cannot thrash as much wheat unless the straw is very short and or very dry. But I do agree that it's nice to see nh improving their capacity as much as they are. Way to go.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts

551 tonnes.... I can haul 26 tonne per semi load...Thats just over 21 semi loads in 8 hours or approx 2.5 / hour.

Incredible. I just wish we could grow that kind of crop here.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I know for a fact that a 590 in 100 bu. winter wheat could have have beat the old record they set. The new one would be tuff tho. Probably need the 600 in a 150bu. + wheat crop. I don't anything could beat it over hear with our yields.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Hey, we have around 100dt/ha with is 360bu/ha= 150bu/ac as maximum I would say. We reached it nearly in every wheat this year. The maximum for wheat on euro-fields I think its between 110-120 dt/ha. This is already not usual...but possible. So it would be around 165-180 bu/acre. It also depends on the moisture...

Mhh I guess you need around 110dt/ha to break the record

1 - 19 of 19 Posts