The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: 9760 auger bed under rotor

Has anyone noticed the front support channel is cracking out. This is the channel under the rotor that supports the augers at the front of the combine. Talked to my dealer today and my 05 9760 with 700 sep. hours is cracked and needs to be replaced. He has talked to another dealer who has changed 10+ and this appears to be common. Just curious how Deere will address this issue and how big an issue this will be as there is alot of labour involved. Would like to see a PIP program if this is as big an issue as I think it will be. Higher serial# 9760 have a reinforced plate so I assume this would be a 50 series issue as well.

·
Registered
400 Posts
when you do replace that trough, make sure you put in the latest part #. you will need a few more parts, but it will make your augers removable from the rear, without removing the front bearings.
because that job sucks no matter who you are.
something that deere should have done back in the 50 series

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I can't believe anyone uses augers those still, I guess the green machine needs to be different somehow. A shaker shoe works somuch better and the light stuff floats to the top and blows out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts