The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 9770 pro drive?

They are basically a 2 speed powershift with speed control that works like an IVT, so they are a hybrid also. You have two buttons you can program for you top field speeds and then when you go to transport you engage the transport lockout button and it opens up top speed, around 24to 25mph. You can run in low gear up to around 8mph and have mor torque then the old 3 speed manual tranny. If you have 4wd you don't loose any ground speed in HI or LO up to around 6mph. The 9770 does not have the diff lock option like the 9870 however. We have been setting range 1 at 8mph for harvesting and range 2 to 12mph for in field transport. You also get Harvest Smart with prodrive which is like cruise control and adjusts your groud speed automatically based on your current grain losses.

·
Registered
480 Posts

Has anybody actually got the harvest smart working properly know a few around and they dont work very well.

·
Super Moderator
2,754 Posts

Excellent question Evan.
The ability to set max speed at full hydro handle travel is handy.
But as to controlling speed based on power or losses it works great...
assuming the the crop is so even you don't need it.

A human can see ahead, they know what's coming, control systems to this point are reactive not proactive.
I value the pro drive much higher with it's speed stability and higher torque available.
I see now that Harvestsmart is packaged with pro drive the price of both is less the Harvestsmart used to be.
My value, pro drive 90% harvest smart 10%.
The 9870/9770 pro-drive is a delete option, for the 9870 that also deletes dif lock, apparently NA on 9770?
It would be pro-drive for me.

Don

·
Registered
163 Posts

I hope it works good! Got it on both of mine this year. I'll let you know in about a month how I like it!

·
Registered
2 Posts

This is our first year with pro- drive machines. In my opinion they work very well in the field. One thing I will say about driving them down the road is be careful when pulling back the hydro-stat handle. If the engine reaches 2550 rpm hold on. That transmission down shifts so fast. It only took me one time to figure that out. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Seat- belts are nice!

·
Registered
102 Posts

Don,
My sales quote shows prodrive option at $6948.58. Did they have a price increase lately, were you quoting U.S. dollars, or is my dealer gouging me. They want $168,000 to trade my 2005 9760 with 850 hours on a new 9770. Options gain only $7,500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts