The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 98 2388 combine

I never had an early 2388 but I have heard that some of them had the same problem that was inherent to many of the 2188s. They had the shoe running a little too fast and that tended to tear things up back there. Check in the back end and see if it has been welded in the area where the sieves attach to the sieve hanger. If it has been welded back there that can cause headaches down the road unless the problem is repaired. Not all of the 2188s and early 2388s had the problem. Out of the two 2188s that I had one was continually cracking and breaking in the back and the other one never did.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Re: 98 2388 combine

I beleive there is an update available to remedy this problem..........(I think we are talking about the same thing but not posative)........

Last year we spent an evening ripping out peices back in that area where the "shaker arm" connects to the combine. (sorry not up on the terms). The replacement (update) was built twice as good with more support. I don't think the cost was out of line, but it took a little time to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts