The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 9860sts working speed?

I know low speed 4wd in 2nd gear is 5.7. I think hi is about 7 and 2wd about 9mph. In most conditions I run in 1st at about 4mph with a 12 row (38") cornhead or a 35' flex head.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Are 97's did about 9 in second and that is were we ran them. Flex beans at 5 mph.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

According to the internet combine buider site from deere, the australian combines get a different transmission than the north american machines. I assume that they go faster in australia

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

Quote:the australian combines get a different transmission than the north american machines. I assume that they go faster in australia

Correct, our 9860 will do 17.5 km/hr. Haven't got a calculator on hand but that is close to 11 mph I think. Haven't harvested that fast yet but is sure is handy for moving around from field to field.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

40 foot mid-west. Plenty big enough for us as two of our major jobs are on 40 ft tram tracks in nth nsw and ctl qld. Was harvesting 1.75 ton to the acre a few weeks ago and averaging around 60 ton/hr. Sounds good, but not many farms can handle that amount of grain particularly when the road-trains were on 6 hr turnarounds. Have had it up to 85t/hr in good milo in qld but again, not very workable. I think people get a bit carried away with front sizes and combine capacities. My friend runs a 45 foot front on a cat and it only works well in certain areas. Most of the time it is not much in front (if at all) of smaller machines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts