The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 9870 Harvest Pics

We are also running a 1293 cornhead along side the 612c stalkmaster so if you'd like i could take pictures of both to let you see the difference in the stalks after being shelled.

·
Registered
521 Posts

"Son, ignore that-there school bus behind us" (top pic) "You won't be attend'n school today.
You've got some REAAAL WORLD learnin' to do!"

WOW! What a great looking machine! I hope she lays a bunch of acres down for you!
That MacDon header looks awesome, too!

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts

Lots of questions:
How is the auger clearance with such a big header? Can you even unload on a grain cart? How big are those duals? How does the new straw chopper work?

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts

TxFarmer
Good eye (and good line) on that school bus.
pcorn71
Header flexing probably 5 total degrees in a couple of pics, neat. Is that double knife drive, I'm looking at the same thing.
What size are the Trelleborgs? Can the stairs be straight out? If those tires sit higher your headers will be steeper, tough to tell but I think your feeder face plate is in the middle, you may have to flatten.
When your front feeder drum wraps like that is the top shaft far behind? For us in barley it will end up wrapping the top shaft sprockets skewing the feeder chain plugging the feeder. We have to have the crop guides on the feeder front, Deere says don't be pro active (there's a kit ) but I notice they don't give away feeder chains. But I don't know beans about beans.
And finally welcome to the thin world of Autotrak , harvestsmart, 4WD and powerfolding auger, only way for me to get thin.
But I missed the bus.
Again.

Don

·
Registered
886 Posts

Very Slick rig. and very nice pics to.

That 40ft Macdon looks excellant! I always thought they looked good.

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts

Quote:Lots of questions:
How is the auger clearance with such a big header? Can you even unload on a grain cart? How big are those duals? How does the new straw chopper work?

When I first read this I thought what's he talking about, auger clearance on a draper? Why would he care about that?
OH THAT AUGER.
I'll go to bed now.

Don

·
Registered
13 Posts

pcorn71

We are planning on trading our two 9860's with 1293 heads so yes I would like to see the side by side pics. Are you having windrowing problems with your Stalkmaster?
Steve

·
Registered
588 Posts

What size are the duals?
Does the ICC, extra fan speed etc help?
Do you have enough 'comfortable' room unloading on the go with the 40' head?
Beautiful machine and heads, thanks for the pics.
Dave.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

Not sure about the combine but love the HEAD!!!!

Hey say what you want but im consistant

good luck with that big combine and let us know how you get along with it..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts